Sunday, September 27, 2009




Hello Hello!
First of all this is a picture of my home! Palm trees and ocean and snow-capped mountains! I have just finished another week and spent the weekend at my NZ homestay. My host for the weekend is named Margaret. She runs a B & B and has been living in the same house for 75 years! She is a sweet 89 years old and a great cook! They have so much teatime here! I had tea 3 times a day and then breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think one day I had chocolate cake 4 times! It's ok though, because we rarely have dessert at the convent. We went and saw some alpacas and then returned to the waterfall for my 3rd time there. This waterfall is where the yearling seals go and play. We aren't sure why they are there because it's freshwater and they live in the salt water. But anyway, there was a really cute little one who came right up to our feet and sniffed them. This is rare because usually they are scared. That was fun. Have I mentioned how beautiful it is! It was a good weekend. I stayed at Margaret's with another girl named Courtnee from the Convent. We had fun just walking around the top of the peninsula where she lives and taking pictures of the scenery and her gorgeous flower beds. I think I have gone overboard on pictures, but hey... I will try to upload them on here, but it's hard, and time consuming.
I have a free week this week before Samoa because I am not taking the elective Literature course that is offered this week. I will need to catch up on some reading for other courses. It's rainy this week too. should be fun...since I am supposed to bike back in half an hour and my bike is currently getting wet out in the rain. hmm. Oh, Grandma if you are reading this, our professors for this week are Rich and Polly Stevic (or however there names are spelled). Rich is coming to Samoa with us. I didn't realize they knew you, or who they were. But I told them my name and they told me the connection. I miss you guys!
Alright I have to go now. I will give you an update after Samoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment