Monday, September 14, 2009

As of September 15th. that's NZ time for you.

I am such a horrible Blog-writer! Sorry it has taken my so long to finally get a post up. If you want to hear my excuses they are: I forgot my password, I am super busy, and I keep running out of internet time before I get to my blog. But I do want to keep you somewhat updated on the amazingness that is my trip to NZ. I had written an earlier blog but I never posted it because, as I said, I forgot the password. So, I just posted that now and this one.
I spent this last 3 day weekend in Christchurch! It was really fun. We stayed in a pretty nice hostel in center-city. Still find it strange to see guys in the bathroom when you get up in the morning. Coedness…interesting. We went to art galleries and markets and a botanical garden and experienced the night life. We even met some locals! Good times had by all! Oh! And we went to a Rugby game! Two big rivals in the south island. It was amazing, we followed up our live game with the All-Blacks game at a sports bar. They lost to South Africa, sorry for them. It created quite the uproar. We started classes yesterday… But I wasn’t in the best of health. I seem to have eaten something in Christchurch and ended up with food poisoning the night we got back. It was yucky, that’s all you need to know. But I am feeling much better today and our first week of the Environmental Sustainability course is gonna be good. OH there are so many things to tell you! The people here are great. I never knew living with 30 people in one house could be so fun. I experienced some Samoan culture already and we are preparing for our trip in 2 weeks! I can’t wait to be warm again. I haven’t eaten too many strange things, although we did have a kiwi iconic foods night here at the convent. The drinks like, L&P, ginger beer, and kiwi juice are probably the strangest, but they aren’t bad. Things seem a lot sweeter here. I miss you guys! Please pray for the health of everyone here, it’s no fun being sick in New Zealand.

1 comment: